Majority of the people invest in the extenders in order to get a smooth internet accessibility throughout the different areas of their home or workspace. But still, it has been observed that a number of users experience connection related issues in Netgear Wi-Fi Extender, especially the intermittent wireless connection problems which is not a good sign. This acts as a huge stone in the login and the setup process of mywifiext local.
Yes, different types of issues arises but you can easily tackle these by following some of the essential tips and tricks. Here we are discussing the same in detail so that you can manage these yourself before calling one of the experts.
- The very first thing that you need to keep an eye on is the power source through which you have connected the Wi-Fi range extender. It is recommended to use an efficient power adapter that can work prominently and should not be damaged internally or externally.
- The next thing that you need to consider is to make sure that the extender is located on the right place and in the right position so that it can transmit internet signals in all directions. Double check that the PC is properly connected to the Wi-Fi Extender’s network.
- When you will open the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender, use the mywifiext.net to launch the same.
- You will need both username as well as password to get access to your Netgear account. You have to use the same username and password that you have entered at the time of the setup of the Netgear Extender account. You might also be asked to fill in the email ID in place of username. In such a case, you need to fill in the email ID in the given column. In case, you are unable to get the access after filling in the details, then there are chances that the details might have changed by you in the past.
- You also need to pay special attention on the firmware version. Make sure that it is the latest one. In case, the firmware is outdated, then you need to update it soon. You will be informed by the system when a new firmware is available. You will get a notification at the top of the Netgear Extender GUI. All you need to do is to click on that message and your firmware will get updated.
- In case this thing doesn’t take place, then you can click on the ‘Device Update’ page to see if there is a new firmware available.
- Once you are done with the firmware update, you need to reset Netgear Extender. For this to take place, you have to use a pin or a sharp device and put it in the hole for a few seconds. Then you need to boot up the extender after the resetting is done. As a result of this, you will see a solid green light appearing on the extender. This means the bootup process is successfully done.
- Establish connection between your PC and the extender through a wire or just go wireless.
In case, you are facing issues related to the setup or the login process of the mywifiext local and you are unable to tackle them, then you can definitely take the help of your experts. They will give you the right guidance regarding the ‘intermittent wireless connection’.