Netgear Genie Setup
Are you in need of a guide for the Netgear genie setup? It is the official installation assistant for the Netgear extender, and you can access it via the Netgear default IP address. There are a couple of things that you should consider when accessing the Genie interface. The Netgear genie smart setup wizard will show the steps for making your Wi-Fi extender work properly with the router. Follow all the steps with proper attention, and you will be able to enjoy fast internet in all the corners of your home/workplace.
What are the steps to access the Netgear genie smart setup wizard?
- Connect the new Netgear extender to the internet.
- Once the internet connection is working with the extender, open any internet web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or any other browser of your choice).
- The web browser will automatically redirect you to the Netgear genie smart setup webpage.
Sometimes, the webpage will not open automatically. So, you don’t have to worry, as the installation page can be accessed manually. Enter the default Netgear extender setup webpage address- mywifiext.net in your browser’s URL bar and hit the enter key. It will take you to the Netgear genie setup webpage. If it doesn’t take you to the setup page, check the web address carefully. Any mistakes in the address will show an error. Enter the correct web address and try again. Once you are on the Netgear genie setup page, you will see the step-by-step installation guide.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to configure your New Netgear Wi-Fi range extender via Netgear Genie:
- Make sure that your existing WiFi router is connected to the Netgear_Ext network.
- Now, you will be able to see a list of WiFi networks in the Netgear genie smart setup wizard.
- Opt for your internet router’s network name that you wish to extend. Hit the continue button displaying on-screen.
- Now, if the network has the security feature enabled, you will see a screen asking for the network Password. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- If your internet router is dual-band, opt for the 5GHz WiFi network. Now, hit the continue button.
- If you want to modify the settings of the WiFi range extender, you can do that while the extender begins connecting with your internet router.
- If you don’t have any need to alter the settings, click the button labeled as continue.
Big congratulations to you! The Netgear new extender setup is completed via the Netgear genie setup. Sometimes, the users face several issues during the Netgear_Ext setup process via Netgear Genie. If you are also the one who is facing some trouble, chat with us for instant support.
What is Netgear Genie App?
Netgear Genie App is compatible with various platforms- smartphones, PCs, and tablets. This app is used to monitor, manage and alter the settings of your home/office network. Netgear Genie is free to download and supports both Windows and MAC devices.
You can find the Netgear genie download link directly on the Netgear official web page or can also install it from the play store or app store.
After Netgear genie download and installation on your preferred device, you can connect it to your network. It will allow you to access the real-time status of the home network, even when you have stepped out of your home! Another useful feature that the genie app offers is remote access to alter the settings of your Netgear Routers and WiFi range extenders.
Netgear Genie App Features
One-click firmware update
Using the Netgear genie setup app, you can update the router or extender’s firmware in just one click. It will save a lot of time.
Change your Network username and password on the go
You can download Netgear genie on any of your preferred devices to access the features to remotely update the network credentials.
Quick access to the dashboard
The Netgear Genie has several features on the dashboard to manage your network, from anywhere, and at any time. These dashboard icons will provide detailed network info easily.
WiFi Analytics Monitoring
With the help of the genie app, you can monitor and control the Analytics of the WiFi network.
Security of internet network
There are several internet security features that can be accessed via Netgear genie smart setup app on gadgets such as smartphones, computers, laptops, and tablets using the QR code.
Monitor guest access
Via the Netgear Genie App, you can easily monitor and control the guest access to the network.
Benefits of Netgear Genie Download for Windows 10
It is good news for the Netgear WiFi range extender owners that there is an option for Netgear genie to download windows 10 on the official website. Once it is up and running on your computer, you will get these benefits:
- Get the benefit of the Single Sign-On feature. This is the ultimate feature that will allow you to all Netgear accounts using a single username and password.
- The most advanced Netgear Genie App version is fully compatible with both 32 bit and 64-bit Windows OS versions.
- The genie app is the most secure way to manage your internet network.
- Super quick and easy access to parental controls.
Not only for Windows, but the genie app is available for your MAC devices as well. Apart from these basic features, it will let you manage several other advanced functions, such as download speeds, having an eye on the guests connected to the internet, network auditing, etc. Also, you will get access to the WiFi connection settings, network map, Router or extender settings, parental controls, and much more.
Quickly download it on your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone and get all these benefits!
Using the Netgear genie mac as well as windows app is extremely easy. After installing the Netgear Genie, you can easily understand the dashboard and work with it to change the setting and manage your network. If you find any issues with the Netgear genie app download or the installation.